67TH MEETING OF THE CENTRAL WAQF COUNCIL
67th Meeting of the Central Waqf Council was held on 24 june 2014 under the Chairpersonship of Dr. Najma Heptulla, the Hon’ble Union Minister for Minority Affairs and Chairperson – Central Waqf Council to discuss important issues concerning the effective functioning of the State Waqf Boards in the country. The Council discussed issues in depth and took decisions for the better management of Auqaf. The Council also decided followings:-
All the provisions of the Waqf (Amendment) Act, 2013 need to be implemented by the State Governments.
To carry out awareness campaign to sensitize waqf institutions.
Muttawalis to furnish Annual Report to the State Waqf Boards as per format designed by Central Waqf Council
CWC members to visit State Waqf Board(s) of their respective state and report.
Council to encourage educational development of the community through technical institutions.
However, the minutes of the meeting of the Council would be uploaded shortly.
- Central Waqf Council organized a conference to discuss the provision of the Waqf Act, 1995 on 25/06/2013, which was attended by the Chairmen and CEOs of the State Waqf Boards. In addition, the review of the progress of the scheme of computeriztion of the State Waqf Boards was also part of the one day conference.
- The 63rd meeting of the Cetnral Waqf Council was held on 26.06.2013 to take note of various progress and decision taken by the Sub-Committees of the Council.
- The 64th meeting of the Central Waqf Council was also held on 02.09.2013.
- The Central Waqf Council organized a one day National Conference of Chairman and Chief Executive Officers of all the State Waqf Boards on 06.11.2013 in Mirza Ghalib Hall, Scope Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi under the Chairmanship of Shri K. Rahman Khan, Hon’ble Union Minister of Minority Affairs and Chairman, Central Waqf Council to discuss the significant Amendments incorporated in the Waqf Amendment Act, 2013 and also to review the computerization of Waqf records. The Conference was participated by the Chairman and Chief Executive Officers of 23 State Waqf Boards. In addition, the senior officers of the Ministry of Minority Affairs and NIC were also present in the conference. The delegates of the boards apprised off the situation of their respective boards. The Hon’ble Minister of Minority Affairs, Jb. K. Rahman Khan highlighted the significant amendments incorporated in the Waqf Amendment Act, 2013, such as timely completion of the survey, composition of the Waqf tribunals, encroachments etc. In the new Act the Central Waqf Council has been empowered to issue directives to the State Waqf Boards and it would now advise the Central Government, State Government and the State Waqf Boards for due administration of the Waqf in the country. The Hon’ble Minister also assured to the representative of the boards to provide all sort of co-operation for better management of Auqaf in the country. While extending vote of thanks, Secretary of the Council, Shri Ali Ahmed Khan, for a day long interaction on various important issues/ provisions of the Waqf Act, emphasis for better coordination among the Central Waqf Council, Central Government & State Waqf Boards for protection, retrieval and development of the Auqaf in the Country for the upliftment of the community.
- The 65th meeting of the Central Waqf Council was held on 06.11.2013.
- The 66th meeting of the Central Waqf Council was held on 12.02.2014.