Who is a Class Member
The Metro Ports Employee Class Action Settlement includes “all current and former non–exempt, hourly-paid individuals who were employed by Metro in California at any time from August 25, 2019 through August 16, 2019.”
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- Varies depending on the number of weeks worked
Each Settlement Class Member will receive approximately $9.26 for each work week worked during the Class Period.
Proof of Purchase
CA Metro Ports Employee Wage and Hour Settlement Notes
- Bessellieu, et al. v. Metro Shore Services LLC
- Case No. BC673701
- Pending in the Superior Court of California for the County of Los Angeles
This class action lawsuit was initially filed by plaintiff Kameshia Bessellieu in August 2017. The complaint was amended in October 2017 to include plaintiff Anissa Bessellieu as an additional representative and to extend the class to include all of Metro’s non-exempt hourly-paid employees.
Metro currently provides a variety of services in the maritime industry. Metro Ports has operations on all four coasts handling almost twenty million tons per year.
The core of the complaint alleges that Metro failed to pay its employees minimum wage, regular, and overtime compensation, did not provide required meal and rest breaks, and did not provide itemized wage statements.
Metro denies the allegations. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the California Metro Ports Employee settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the settlement must do so by August 25, 2019.
If you wish to dispute the information about the number of workweeks showed on your notice, you must do so by January 25 2019.
Note: Even if you dispute the amount of your settlement payment, you will still receive money from the settlement if you do not request to be excluded from the class, but the amount may be different from your estimated payment shown on your individual notice.
- 1/25/19: Dispute Deadline
- 1/25/19: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 3/19/19: Final Hearing at 10:00 am PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check CPTGroup.com/MSServices to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Metro Settlement Administrator c/o CPT Group, Inc. 50 Corporate Park, Irvine, CA 92606
- Phone: 1-888-906-2015
- David R. Markham, Maggie Realin, and Michael J. Morphew of The Markham Law Firm
- Walter Haines of United Employees Law Group