Who is a Class Member
You are included in the Telenav Text Message TCPA class action settlement if you reside in the United States and the territories and received one or more text message advertisements from or on behalf of Papa Murphy’s between August 16, 2019 and August 15, 2019.
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- $10 Cash and $10 in Papa Murphy’s Vouchers
Each Class member who submits a valid and timely Claim Form will receive $10 in cash. Papa Murphy’s will also provide two $5 vouchers to all Settlement Class members. The vouchers will be sent automatically (no claim form is needed). These vouchers cannot be combined in a single transactions and are valid at the Papa Murphy’s website until 6 months after the date of issue.
Proof of Purchase
- You will need to provide the phone number that you received the text message from Papa Murphy’s.
Papa Murphy’s TCPA Settlement Notes
- Lennartson et al. v. Papa Murphy’s Holdings Inc. et al.
- Case No. 3:15-cv-05307-RBL
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington at Tacoma
In May 2015, a putative class action lawsuit was filed against Papa Murphy’s alleging the take-and-bake pizza chain sent text message advertisements to consumers without their prior express consent – a violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
The TCPA guards against annoying telemarketing calls and unwanted text messages, barring companies from sending text message advertisements without a consumer first opting into the service. Specifically, plaintiff John Lennartson sued Papa Murphy’s for using an autodialer to send him unwanted text messages to his cell phone. Lennartson says he never consented to receive these promotional texts from Papa Murphy’s. The unwanted text messages offered deals for pizza.
Papa Murphy’s denies the allegations and that it violated any law. Complete details about the case and settlement are provided on the Papa Murphy’s TCPA settlement website.
Class members who wish to object to or exclude themselves from the Papa Murphy’s TCPA settlement must do so by August 14, 2019. Class members who wish to participate in the settlement must submit a claim form on or before August 14, 2019.
- 8/14/18: Claim Form Deadline
- 8/14/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 9/28/18: Final Hearing at 1:30 pm PT* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check PapaMurphysTCPASettlement.com to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Mail: Lennartson, et al. v. Papa Murphy’s Holdings Inc., et al., c/o CPT Group, 50 Corporate Park, Irvine, CA 92606
- Phone: 1-888-563-1256
- Email: PapaMurphysTCPASettlement@cptgroup.com
- Mark A. Griffin and Karin B. Swope of Keller Rohrback LLP
- June P. Hoidal and Behdad C. Sadeghi of Zimmerman Reed LLP