Who is a Class Member
Class members in the Cuisinart Food Processor Defective Blade Settlement include all Conair customers who are eligible to receive a replacement blade pursuant to the August 13, 2019 product recall, meaning all owners of a Cuisinart machine with a riveted blade and whose model number begins with:
If you don’t qualify for this settlement, check out our database of other class action settlementsyou may be eligible for.
- Replacement Blade with a 3-year warranty
Class members who submit a valid and timely claim form can receive:
- A replacement blade; and
- A a three-year warranty on your replacement blade.
Claimants who do not receive a replacement blade by the deadline listed in the schedule below will receive a $15 check.
|Date of submission for replacement blade.||Date Conair will fill request.|
|On or before August 1, 2019.||By August 30, 2019.|
|August 2, 2019 to August 30, 2019.||By August 30, 2019 or within 150 days of receipt, whichever is later. (August 30, 2019 to August 27, 2019).|
|August 1, 2019 to August 30, 2019||By August 1, 2019.|
|August 1, 2019 to December 13, 2020.||Within 90 days of receipt (August 30, 2019 to March 13, 2021).|
In addition, if you submitted your replacement blade request by August 1, 2019, and did not receive your replacement blade by August 30, 2019, you will receive a second $15 check if your replacement blade was more than 60 days late (not received by August 29, 2019).
Proof of Purchase
- Claimants will need to provide the serial number for each eligible Cuisinart Food Processor they have. The serial number can be found on the bottom of the Food Processor.
Cuisinart Food Processor Defective Blade Settlement Notes
- Chepiga, et al. v. Conair Corporation
- Case No. 3:17-cv-01090-BRM-LHG
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Plaintiff Ellen Chepiga, along with five other named plaintiffs filed this consumer class action lawsuit against Conair Corporation (the parent company of Cuisinart), alleging certain Cuisinart Food Processors have defective primary chopping blades.
On August 13, 2019, Conair announced a recall and instructed owners of 8 million Cusinart brand food processors to stop using the primary chopping blade immediately. Owners were told to contact the company for a free replacement blade, but months later, still had not received their replacement blades. The plaintiffs assert that due to Conair’s failure to provide replacement blades, they were unable to use their Cuisinart Food Processors that they paid for, in violation of express and implied warranties.
Conair denies any wrongdoing or liability and maintains that its current Cuisinart Food Processor blade replacement program complies with all applicable warranties and legal obligations but agreed to settle to avoid the cost and risk involved of further litigation.
Complete details are provided in the Settlement Agreement. The Settlement Agreement and other related documents are available on the Cuisinart Food Processor Settlement website.
Class members who wish to exclude themselves or object to the terms of the Cuisinart Food Processor Defective Blade must do so by August 26, 2019. Class members who wish to submit a claim for a replacement blade must do so by December 13, 2020.
- 12/13/20: Claim Form Deadline
- 2/26/18: Objection or Exclusion Deadline
- 4/5/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am ET* (class members do not need to attend this hearing in order to receive a slice of the settlement pie).
*Settlement Class Members who wish to speak at the hearing should check Cuisinart.com/Settlement to confirm that the date or time of the Hearing has not been changed.
- Cuisinart Customer Service: 1-877-339-2534
- Class Counsel: Radice Law Firm, PC Attn: Cuisinart/Conair Litigation, 301 North Harrison St, Suite 9F-429, Princeton, NJ 08540
- John D. Radice, April D. Lambert, and Daniel Rubinstein of Radice Law Firm PC.