BankTCPASettlement.com is entitled Kovach v. Compass Bank and is listed as case number CV-2018-902.
BankTCPASettlement.com Class Member Requirements
- Must be a resident of the United States
- Received a phone call from Compass Bank to their cell phones between August 21, 2019, and Aug. 24, 2018
- Class Members must not have been Compass Bank customers or otherwise agreed to receive calls from the bank
Furthermore, a $5.86 million settlement pot has been created to pay out valid claims.
Also, experts close to the case predict each class member will receive around $339.
In the event that the 5.86 million dollars are not enough to cover the claims, the amount paid will be adjusted downward on a pro rata basis.
BankTCPASettlement.com Contact Information
- Phone: 800-754-9649
- Email: claims@BankTCPAsettlement.com
- Mail: Kovach Settlement Administrator c/o Tilghman & Co. PC PO Box 12985 Birmingham, AL 35202
Class members contend that Compass Bank violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
Compass Bank denies that it violated the TCPA or any similar laws, and the Court hasn’t decided who is right or wrong. Rather, the parties are resolving the dispute by settlement.
Under the terms of the class action settlement, Compass Bank will pay $5.86 million to end the litigation. In addition, it has agreed to change its calling procedures going forward.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by Myles McGuire Evan M. Meyers Eugene Y. Turin from MCGUIRE LAW PC and the legendary Scott A. Morgan from MORGAN LAW FIRM LTD.
BankTCPASettlement.com Important Dates
- 01/21/2019 – Claim Form Deadline
- 12/6/2018 – Settlement Fairness Hearing
Submitting a valid and timely Claim Form is the only way to receive a payment from this Settlement, and is the only thing you need to do to receive a payment.